Who is a parent for a child?
Parent is not only the person who gives birth to the child but also nurtures him or her and aids in the metamorphosis of the child from an infant to a responsible adult. The roles played by the parents are very pivotal for the child’s overall growth as they influence both the personality as well other dimensions of the child. In a crisp, their roles can be segregated into major types of nurturing and offering a good education to the children, balancing the various duties of the family and stay completely centered to their child during their growing phase such that they do not deviate at any point from their original tracks. Elucidating further, this article speaks majorly on the parameters of ideal parents and the roles and responsibilities carried by them.
The detailed roles
The following are the detailed roles played by an
- Taking care of the various biological needs of the children, like offering them food, water and other basic necessities of life and ensuring that they stay healthy at nearly all of the times
- Set the environment for the child to grow optimally and properly and learn to differentiate between the good and bad virtues. This can also include creating a homely and amiable environment around them, setting the daily routine for them and guiding them at all points of time in this phase.
- Taking care of the education of the children and raising them to become good, ideal and responsible persons to contribute to society. This also includes teaching the child about various other aspects of society like social etiquettes, behavior, friendliness and scrutinizing them whenever they commit mistakes.
- As a parent, one of the major duty also includes protecting the children from all vicious elements of the society and warning them about which points to venture into and which to refrain from. This also includes teaching them the differences between right and wrong.
- Offering the required guidance and assistance in moving and mingling with the society, in other words becoming their first guides, mentors
andteachers and hence showing them the direction that can lead to achievements and a bright future.
- Supporting the child at all times and teaching him or her on the ways of balancing different aspects in life and how to tackle with every problem out of their own. This also includes providing them with sufficient skill and personality development tips and techniques.
- Keeping the child under a strict code of discipline and ensuring that they never deviate from this path, whatsoever be the matter i.e. teaching them the various other virtues that come under the banner of discipline.
- As a parent, offering emotional support to their kids during the adolescent phase and teaching them on the various changes that the physical and mental body goes through in that phase.
How to become an ideal parent?
Though it is evident that the method of parenting differs from one couple to another, still there are certain common ground rules that need to be kept in mind in order to ensure that they turn out to be the ideal parents for their children. The following mention down some of these:
- Avoiding loud and harsh tone at any cost and always guiding or rectifying them at the times of their mistakes with a soft tone, such that not only the kids get the desired lessons but also get the confidence to open up to them at times of their problems.
- Motivation and inspiration received from a parent at right times aid in getting the solution easily and hence this is something that the former needs to take care of. In other words, soothing the children at times of their depression relaxes as well as strengthens them to face the situations.
- Maintaining the adaptability to change their rules with the passage of time and centering them in interest to their children, so that they feel them to be amiable and cheerful always, despite the growing age.
- Offering the children ample amount of independence in taking their own decisions as they grow and not imposing their opinions over them. This not only aids in holistic growth but also improves their decision making power and helps them in making choices of their won in life.
- Most importantly, respecting and talking politely at all instances of their growth phase is the pivotal parameter for an ideal parent. This keeps the parent-child bond strengthened in the due course of future too.
- Supporting the children at all moments of time and respecting their opinions.
Hence, in a nutshell, it can be concluded that though the parenting methods differ from one parent to another, still following the above basic rules would aid them in being that ideal parent throughout to whom their child can always look upon in their life.