Children are so unpredictable. It is a great task to make them grow in a good way. If you are a new mom, then things are totally different and difficult. But they are totally controllable. There are certain signs and symptoms you can observe in your baby that predicts your way of parenting. You can check them in this article. Based on these signs, if you are a good parent, give a pat to yourselves at the back and continue the same. If the signs are not similar, then work towards at it. Every parent is a good one. Only you should turn the directions in order to sail on the right path.
Signs you are a good parent
- Child displaying emotions: The time during which your child expresses cannot be a good one. But when your baby shows angry or fear, then it is a really good sign that she trusts you. It is a good thing as she is emotionally safe with you. It is not a good thing if your babies are not showing signs like laughing, giggling, trying to talk, mock, and play around with you.
- Live at the present moment: This is like a onetime opportunity to look at the crazy behaviors of your baby. Be patient and enjoy those little things. Losing temper as you undergo sleepless nights, postpartum depression and constant crying are common. But take a deep breath and cherish those little yawns, giggles, and burps.
- Give a talk: Talk with your baby by pressing syllables of words. It actually works and you can see her replying back in gibberish languages. During that time, you can realize that words are nothing but feelings. If your baby replies back when you pause talking, is a good sign that she is learning to talk quickly.
- Encouraging your child to play: If you are a working mom, then you might find it difficult to spend time with your babies. It has become a routine that young moms putting up their babies in front of a television or mobile phones. This must be avoided completely. Nowadays even cartoon shows are violent, non-funny and non-informative. These kids watching them grow up can literally affect their mentality. Instead, go for a walk, give your baby toys and you play hide and seek with him.
- Creating behavior boundaries: It must be kept in mind that they watch and observe us more carefully while growing. If you are happy, kind and loveable, you can create the same thing with your baby’s behavior. If you are always angry and stubborn, then the babies also reflect the same. In this age, these things should not affect them as they might end up becoming the same type of person.
- Ready to repair your mistakes: We are all humans and it is usual that we lose our temper in this world of stress. If you accidentally went out of temper and yell at your baby, just ignore and start talking her with kind words once you realized the mistake. Ask sorry. Your baby will not know the meaning but tends to know that mom herself is being sorry to what she has done. This will make the baby also to do in the same way. If she did something wrong she will come and ask you sorry.
- Giving positive feedbacks: The words you speak often get deposited in the minds of your babies. Avid curse words and other words that will impact negatively on your child. Even if your baby does any mistake, tell her in a positive way. For example, if she ate all the cookies or spoilt all the milk by pouring the container, tell her politely that the family will not have enough cookies or milk to drink for the whole day. Do not yell at them and speak harsh words to them.
- Panicking over small issues and shouting at them: They are babies and you are the grown-up adult. It is common that they go out of their limits and cause nonstop tension to us. It is their time of growth and they start exploring things. This is the right time to teach them about things to do and not.
- Say No to certain things: If your child keeps on asking for more toys, say ‘NO’. They have to know that only certain things can be bought by asking their parents. You should not give them the mindset of giving everything the baby asks for.
- Fighting with your spouse: This is the most important reason for making your child grow with the worst behavior and mentality. If you are fighting with your spouse in the presence of your baby, they can observe your emotions very easily. If you do this more often, then you are growing your child to be an anxious, non-loving and depressed kid.
These are some of the tips. The only thing that every parent should keep in mind is patience. You should be cheerful and kind to expect the same from the child in the future. Only parents can be blamed if the baby is not good.